Search This Blog

Monday 13 August 2012

the ring on my finger


I know people have been wondering and asking about the ring on my finger. WAIT, I CAN EXPLAIN! :) I am not yet engaged and i am still single :) LOL

February 13 this year, my sister and I decided to buy a ring that will signify something in our lives. It's a purity ring. We made a commitment before God, before each other and before our future husbands to stay pure.

Since I came to know the Lord, I really decided to stay pure and faithful for two reasons: I WANT TO HONOR GOD AND I WANT TO HONOR MY FUTURE HUSBAND. I envisioned myself on my wedding day with pride knowing that I honored my husband and waited for him with all my heart. I also place a high value on relationships :)

I believe, my future husband deserves my faithfulness. In this season of waiting and in this world full of temptations this ring would remind me of my commitment to stay pure and faithful to the Lord and to my hubby. :) I know all the waiting would be so worth it.

I know through God's grace purity is possible :)

"Lord, more than anything in this world we want an intimate, pure relationship with You. We want to glorify You in every aspect of our lives. Use this time to underscore our spiritual relationship. We are in You. We are Your body. We are the bride. You are the Groom. Before we can seek to be pure before each other, we must be pure before You. Thank You, Father that purity is attainable through the gift of Jesus on the cross. Teach us what it means to bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. This is something we cannot do without You. So we claim You as our Lord and our Guide. In the pure name of Christ we pray. Amen."



No comments:

Post a Comment