Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 April 2016

TIMING

At moments that I felt the least adept, I have known there is a force beneath my wings for which I could take no credit. There was a perfect timing. There was a person I could never have schemed to meet. There was an opportunity I could never have orchestrated on my own.
During times of reflection, most of us are amazed to realize that the greatest moments of our lives happened only through a series of circumstances that we ourselves did not initiate. Think about the serendipitous encounters, the synchronous timing of events, and the chance meetings in your life. Had you not been in that restaurant, school, church, or party you never would have met a business contact, a future spouse or an employer.
You see, timing is everything. The process sometimes can be painful especially when all hell is breaking lose in your life. It is tough work, especially if you lived in Nigeria. Like me, you probably have experienced a time when nothing in your life looks like what you imagined, hoped for, prayed for, planned for and strategize for. ‘Hang in there is frustrating to hear, but that’s what you have to do.
You have to maintain your focus and see what’s not there yet. Don’t let it go. When it seems like all of life is slipping right through your fingers, tighten your imaginative grasp and declare, ‘it’s mine and I’m not letting it get away, no matter what I have to go through.
They say that the mighty oak tree, which can grow up to eighty feet tall and a hundred feet wide is nothing but a nut that refused to give up its ground. Be the nut who won’t give up ground, because every day teaches you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment