Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Friendship: "A Sacred Commodity"

One of the greatest lessons of this year for me was the need to cultivate good friendships. While I can say I love people, I had always been indifferent as to whether people stayed or left. This year though, I’ve learned the power that comes with good vibes and positive energy. If I have a good feeling being around someone or some people or I just feel that the energy in a place is good, I stay there. My friends have been my cheerleaders, support system, critics, and God’s gift to me.
I also met a couple of beautiful people last year and I tried my best to stay in touch, but then again, some people are drifters. I remember praying that I’d have really good friends and meet people with love in their hearts and souls. God answered. I think it’s safe to say that I have friends for a lifetime,
I like to think that I’m not such a difficult person to deal with. However, I’ve come to the realization that people can switch on you any moment. They will leave you once they feel they've gotten all you possibly can offer. You don’t even have to do anything to deserve this treatment. In the same way, people will see you and just hate everything about you- your smile, the way you chew, the way you laugh, even the fact that you exist. I have a lot of them around.
What I learned this year was that as long as I kept my conscience clear before God and didn’t harbor any ill-feelings towards anyone, irrespective of what they did, or my own mistakes God always looked (looks) out for me.
Friendship is a sacred commodity. It is to be revered and cherished for a life time.. This year was about making new friends and strengthening the bond of already existing ones.. I made mistakes here and there, but my mistakes were my lessons.
Cheers to every friend out there who made life beautiful for me despite my imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment