Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 April 2016

My Experience as a Corps Member

Right here, on this ground, was where I lived for three weeks during my NYSC in Ikare Akoko Local Govt, Akure, Ondo State



As horrible as the sight of this picture is (am guessing), it was the best available for corp members at the time. The living condition was gruesome and pathetic, as I had been exposed to a level of comfort prior to my going to Ikare Akoko. I had to take my bath outside at the risk of having a male Corp member walk right pass an open space with no gate or fence.. We had no power. Flies and Mosquitos became my worst nightmare.. My decision to remain in Akure after the 3 Weeks orientation camp was questioned by many, including myself, but I knew it was a decision I would someday look back on and smile even though i was off an on lol. 
 
It was right here, far away from home and everything familiar, that I began to find myself. It was right here that life taught me some valuable lessons.. it was right I had a deeper and broader understanding of diversity; That although we are all different, our stories are somewhat similar...it was right here I saw things that shook my bones and moved me to tears. It was right here that life taught me patience. Right in this premises, I listened to other corp members as they share their heart wrenching life experiences, making me realize that what I consider ''Hell' , is actually someone else's 'Heaven'.
It's easy to see what God was doing in your life once you get to the place He intended. The difficulty lies in seeing by faith what God is doing when you are on your way there. No body likes hard times, but it's the unpleasant experiences that are often the catalyst to build the character required for life.
Stepping into the unfamiliar gave me clarity and guts for the next phase of my life. I'm forever thankful for the amazing people I met in Ikare Okoko, Akure, Ondo State.
‪#‎PricelessExperience‬ ‪#‎BatchC‬ ‪#‎JournalYourJourney‬

No comments:

Post a Comment